Say "Yes" to Organic Hair Color

Once I got the green light from my oncologist to color my hair, I began researching alternatives to commercial hair dyes. After twenty-five years of damaging my hair with toxic chemicals, I made a decision to use only the purest hair color I could find. That’s when I discovered Organic Color Systems. 

Organic Color Systems

Gone are the noxious fumes, stinging scalp, watery eyes and the damage ammonia causes to your hair. Organic Color Systems is permanent hair color made of certified organic extracts, natural ingredients and free of parabens. This product line also includes shampoos, conditioners and reconstructing treatments that are all pH balanced. If it sounds like I’m doing a free commercial for Organic Color Systems, it’s because I’m 100% pleased with the outcome of my hair color.

Gambei Wellness Spa & Salon

A friend referred me to Gambei Wellness Spa & Salon, the only certified organic salon in Albuquerque. What a treat! While I sipped on brown rice tea, my hair stylist, Nicole, mixed up my hair color. Did I smell awful fumes coming from the back room? No, instead the hair color had a faint scent of black licorice. All the services offered at Gambei, including nails, hair, skin and body, use eco-friendly products from the UK. 

Facts about commercial hair dyes

If you’re not persuaded enough to make the switch to organic hair color, then take a moment to read these facts from the National Cancer Institute about commercial hair dyes:
  • Over 5,000 different chemicals are used in hair dye products, some of which are reported to be carcinogenic (cancer-causing) in animals.
  • Over the years, some epidemiologic (population) studies have found an increased risk of bladder cancer in hairdressers and barbers. A 2008 report of the Working Group of the International Agency for Research on Cancer concluded that some of the chemicals these workers are exposed to occupationally are “probably carcinogenic to humans.”
  • Some studies have indicated that people who began using hair dyes before 1980 have an increased risk of developing non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Enhanced by Zemanta