My Trip to New England





Last month, I turned fifty-five. That's right, the big 55! It was a milestone birthday, but one that I will cherish forever. My son gave me a trip to New England to celebrate my birthday weekend. By heading north, we experienced a restful vacation without all the noise and city traffic from New York City.

He planned a delightful itinerary complete with a visit to a cheese and maple farm in Vermont, an Irish Festival in Connecticut and the Magic Wings butterfly conservatory in Massachusetts. Sometimes we can only imagine how special a place could be until we see it in person. The memory of this time with my son will stay with me forever. It reminded me of a question I often ask: Are you just existing from day to day or are you really exploring the passion for living a fully engaged life?